Monday, December 29, 2008

Dec 26-29

Hello! It's been a few days.
Dec 26 we took our tree and holiday decor down, and in the evening headed to my parents' house. We stayed overnight, spent the day with family on the 27th, and then headed home in the evening, returning home about 9:30, 10 o'clock. It was a quick visit, which is always hard during the holidays.
The 28th, we went to church, headed to the in laws' for lunch, then the girls went with their aunt to see Bedtime Stories. They thought it was a cute movie. While they were gone, the husband and I went to Lowe's to plan how we'll spend our Christmas gift $. We are repainting the kitchen. It has needed it for a while. We are also getting new countertops, which won't arrive for around 5 weeks, but will look very nice when we get them! :) We had a lot of fun looking and are excited to get the process started. Then we went out to eat!
Today we met my mother and sister in law at a breakfast place, then headed to a bookstore (where we all had gift cards to spend), then onto the mall to have the daughters pick out an outfit with designated Christmas $. They also got to go to Target to use the rest on a toy/thing of their choosing, once the outfit had been purchased. We arrived home, the girls had lunch, then our youngest had a "playdate", so I took her there and then I got a run in! Garmin Girl beat me today, I might add, due to the wind that kicked my rear! :) I have ran 4 times in the last 6 days, and felt pretty good for most of them.
I also put out 75% of my snowmen decorations last night, but decided the 100% was overkill.
In my kitchen I have had cobalt blue glass for about 8 years. It is not staying in the "new" kitchen decor, so the hubby got all that down from the top of the cupboards last night. I still have that to clean and pack away today. It's a good feeling, the new plan . :)
I have also picked out my one little word for 2009, which I will talk about in another post.
Tomorrow we have no plans, so that is a good feeling, as well.

No comments: