Thursday, October 17, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesday

What I'm Reading:
I am still working away at my devotional: The One Year Wisdom for Women Devotional: 365 Devotions through the Proverbs, and I still love it. It is a great way to dig into the Word to start the day.
I am almost done with the The Art of Being a Healing Presence: A Guide for Those in Caring Relationships. I am reading this book lent to me from our Care Ministries department in church, in the hopes of preparing me for being of service, serving more at church. I am excited at the prospect! The book isn't difficult, it is easy to understand and goes quickly, if I don't have distractions at home. ;) But isn't that the case with most reading at home? ;)
My other reading choices listed from last week were left by the wayside. I have spent my time reading the two above books or-don't laugh-digging into an old favorite. I needed something to soothe the soul and I decided to start the Mitford Series again. I have read the first book 1 1/2 times, and read every other book by Jan Karon. I loved these books. They are "a balm for the soul" as Pastor Tim (main character from the books) would say. I plan on reading them all in order again. So, don't be surprised if you see them in this weekly segment. If you haven't read them, please do! They are a wonderful series. The first book started slow because the author is introducing so many characters and the setting, but about 1/2 way through or 3/4 of the first book, you will want to read them all. They have nice stories and just leave you feeling good! :)
I may pick up A Peach of a Murder again, but we'll see. Been a busy couple of days, here, so we'll see. I do still have two books to meet my goal for 2013! :)
What are you reading, Reader? Do you have any long-time favorites to suggest?

No comments: