Friday, October 11, 2013

Recipes I've Tried This Week

As you may have read, my youngest daughter had a birthday last week. We went out and about and stopped into a French restaurant for brunch. We all loved our foods! They had lovely spinach quiches, so I ordered one of those. They were on the small side, my eyes said ;), so I also ordered an orange chocolate muffin. The combination of quiche and coffee filled me almost all the way so I took a taste of the muffin and then brought the rest home. It was almost rich, which I have rarely said of a baked good. It was moist and had a lovely flavor! So, I looked up a recipe. This seems to be close, but the one I had also had some bits of fruit in it, as well, almost the texture of a moist dried apricot... So, I technically haven't tried this recipe, yet, but as the air gets colder and I make warm coffee here at home with free time on my hands, I will turn, as my mom does, to baking. :) I'd better keep running! ;)

Ann Marie Kostyk's Chocolate Orange Muffins

Also, I had vegetables left from a cross country dinner for my youngest daughter and her team. I looked for a "roasted vegetable" recipe, but I also wanted to add pasta. So, I found this: Roasted Vegetable Pasta from the Food Network. The vegetables I had were broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and a few snap peas. Also, I didn't have a can of tomatoes, but I had some yellow pear tomatoes-the last from my garden-that needed to be used. So, I put those into my saucepan instead of the diced tomatoes. It turned out delicious! Was a nice, fairly low-fat meal, and vegetarian for our daughter. We could have served it with meat-chicken cubes may go along nicely with it. It was delicious, and easy, Reader! And warm-great for fall weather and using up those last garden harvests!

Roasted Vegetable Pasta from the Food Network


No comments: