Thursday, October 10, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Podcasts

In my Thursday's Helpful Apps post earlier today, I mentioned the podcast app and I wanted to share some I like. A few of my favorites are: 

  1.  The Alton Browncast via nerdist. Alton Brown does a great podcast where he talks with chefs and shares his culinary knowledge.  
  2. Travel with Rick Steves is a good podcast, although I haven't listened to many, I loved his Italy book when we traveled there two years ago. I do enjoy his show, as well, and these podcasts are often full of information.  
  3. NPR's Ask Me Another, which is a trivia game show for the ears. I love it! 
  4. The Nutrition Diva's Quick and Dirty Tips for Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous shows you "simple and painless" ways to change your eating habits to head to a healthier you. 
  5. Stuff You Should Know Podcast tells you lots about things you may not know. They discuss a variety of topics and I have found many of them interesting. 
  6. NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is a show where they quiz you on current events-or quiz the guests. It is very funny! 
  7. The Paperclipping Roundtable is a show about scrapbooking where they often talk to people about inspiration, creativity and educate you in the process. I often like the episodes with mainstream scrapbooking artists that I've seen online or in magazines the best.   
  8. Stuff You Missed In History Class   This has long been one of my top favorite podcasts. I love listening to historical stories made interesting. I would often let my students listen to a podcast or make it "bonus" if they did so on a weekend, to supplement their learning about topics from our class. The topics range in areas and time periods. 
  9. What Really Matters with Vicky and Jen "Each weekly show offers candid, entertaining and informative interviews with a wide variety of guests: professional organizers to chefs, parenting experts to doctors and television personalities to best-selling authors. Join us as we learn, laugh and grow together. And make every day matter." 
  10. Another Mother Runner Podcast is a podcast where the authors of the Another Mother Runner book are "engaging and encouraging you to run like a mother"
I hope you find some to listen to, that you would like, Reader! They are a lovely way to pass the time when you aren't in the mood for music. On long driving trips, when I am the driver, and even when I am not, they help me pass the time.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that looks like a great list Jen. I used to listen to podcasts when I traveled, but I haven't listened to any in quite awhile. Thanks for the reminder -- I should get back to it!