Spicy Sausage, Brussel Sprouts, Potato, Onion and Mushroom Soup Recipe
Difficulty: Easy | Total Time: 40 minutes | Active Time: |
A delicious hearty winter soup, that has a bit of kick thanks to the spicy sausage, but is perfect for the winter.
- 6 cups of stock - preferably homemade
- 4 spicy Italian sausages - cut into pieces
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped portobello mushroom
- 12-15 brussel sprouts - halved
- 3-4 red potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 tbsp of chili oil
- 1-2 tbsp of salt - if stock not already salted
- Sautee the onion for a minute in the chili oil, then add the sausage to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in both the mushroom and the brussel sprouts, cook for 2-3 minutes, then cover with the stock, and add the other seasonings.
- Cook for another 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are perfectly tender.