Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday's Helpful Apps

The apps I'm linking today are the apps I listen to. I listen to music or podcasts on them, normally. 
Those apps are:

  • itunesWith iTunes, it’s easy to get all your music organized. Any song or album you purchase from iTunes goes straight into your music library. And when you import your CDs, iTunes automatically adds the album, artist, and song names, along with the album art. Then, with your whole collection to choose from, you can create the ultimate playlists for rocking out, working out, or chilling out. You can also rate your songs with one to five stars, so it’s easy to find your favorites later.
  • iphone's app: "music" which plays my itunes songs-This is essentially itunes on my phone. It just lists it as a "music" app. However, it is organized the same as my itunes/music from my laptop. 
  • podcasts-this is similar to the music app-but it is strictly for podcasts. Podcasts are so enjoyable for me to listen to! They are sometimes radio shows being replayed, sometimes stories, sometimes facts-whatever you'd like to listen to or learn about you can most likely find a podcast about! And quite frequently they are free to download. I listen to my favorites and then delete them when I am done. I will be posting my top ten favorite podcasts in another podcasts later today.
  • Shazam is a fun app because it can tell me what song I am listening to. I can be in the car, hear a song I like and the radio personalities might not let me know the song or artist. While it is playing, I can hit the Shazam button and it will listen and promptly tell me both! It can't always, such as if there is too much other noise or a very new song, but it is often correct with its response. You can then, if you want, order the song from itunes or tag it for later.
  • ESPN radio app-In the mornings, I often like to listen to the Mike and Mike radio show. Sometimes I want to work in the yard, especially in the summer, and I will listen to Mike and Mike from this app. Good sports information on some radio stations. This isn't a daily used app, but it it helpful when I want to use it. 
  • Pandora-Here you can like or dislike songs on a radio-like station. Eventually, it will try to discover songs you like and play those streaming like a radio station. Here is what it tells you on itunes: Great music discovery is effortless and free with Pandora. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, genres or composers and we will do the rest. It’s easy to create personalized stations that play only music you’ll love.
    Tap into an entire world of music, including almost a century of popular recordings - new and old, well known and obscure. Create up to 100 personalized radio stations with your free account.
    Not sure where to start? Create a free account to explore hundreds of music and comedy genre stations.
    Already a Pandora listener? Even easier. Just log in and enjoy the same free radio service. Your Pandora is the same across the web, on your TV and in your car—access your free personalized radio wherever you want to hear great music. Enjoy all your existing music and comedy stations - and create new ones right from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
  • and itunes Radio-which is Apple's answer to Pandora and Spotify, where you can listen to a radio-like station to the genre of music of your choice, "liking" or "disliking" music so it will play more of the songs you like: "Check out iTunes Radio on your iPhone, iPad,iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV. You’ll have access to more than 250 DJ-curated and genre-focused stations — including everything from Hard Rock to Doo Wop, all with crystal-clear sound quality. Your stations evolve based on the music you play and download. So the more you use iTunes Radio and iTunes, the more iTunes Radio knows what you like to listen to — and the more it can play music you’ll love."

No comments: