Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's been awhile since I posted. I've been pretty sporadic on my blog over the past year. Last posts were at the beginning of August about being grateful. I didn't stop feeling grateful for all I have been blessed with. Time was just zipping by. Since I last posted I have taken my oldest daughter to college. That event has been quite an adjustment. I really enjoyed my time with her before she left. I wrote her a long note about how proud I was of her, how I expected her to continue diligence with her schoolwork, how we are always here for her... it was strange, but I wanted her to continue to have those thoughts and feelings from our hearts, just like we tell her when she is here. Moving her into college was not difficult, really, caught up in the chaos of the campus, getting her first college dorm “liveable”. Leaving I did well, only got misty-eyed once. Even the next day wasn't too bad since I had scheduled myself as host to our younger daughter's cross country team dinner: 20-30 female runners at our house, which meant I needed to cook (a lot!) and clean, so the day passed quickly. Then we had our weekend, our youngest daughter's first run as a high schooler, which also made time pass quickly. However, early the next week was tough, for both she and I. We are through that, and onto schedules that keep us busier, now. However, as I type, we are on our way to pick her up, for sad reasons as my husband's grandfather has passed away, so we are heading to the funeral. On a more positive note our youngest daughter has been running and enjoying being on the cross country team, and making new friends. She has also started a few other new adventures like French and Art classes, which she hasn't had in her recent school years, or ever. We bought her first homecoming dress this past weekend, as well, and it looks like she is going with a group of friends. Well, Reader, that is probably enough catch up information for now. Be on the look-out for more new posts. I hope you are well.

No comments: