Friday, September 20, 2013

Recipes I've Tried This Week

I thought I'd also try a series on new recipes I have tried this week! Although, then you, Reader, can see how poorly I've eaten this week!

  • On Saturday we had our oldest daughter home, and we were ready to watch my favorite college football team, so we made some snack foods. We had some "tried and true" recipes like Buffalo Chicken Dip, portioning off some of the sauce without the chicken and adding tuna for our vegetarian daughter. 
  • French Onion Dip, which my husband makes and it is delicious. He usually uses his own "recipe" but it is similar to this. 
  • Fresh vegetables and fruits 
  • And the new recipe I tried was these tortilla pinwheel appetizers. You will find it a little below halfway down the page. I didn't have ranch dressing powder so I added ranch dressing and it was delicious.
  • I also saw this recipe for brownie bites and thought I had enough oreos left from when the cross country runners were here, but when I got them out I saw someone has been nibbling them. We were down to just three, so I made a variety of brownie bites. I made them in a muffin tin, so three held oreos inside, three held snickers mini bars (we only had three of those, also), two had peppermint patties (just two of those in the pantry!) and a couple with a dollop of peanut butter and peanuts in the middle. Three were plain. It worked great! 
  • Sunday my husband's parents and sister & brother in law came for fish tacos. I was in charge of sangria. I looked for some in the store and saw one on clearance but I didn't like the looks of it with some type of sediment in the bottom. I found Bobby Flay's recipe and made it, minus the syrup (I bought the sweet brandy so it didn't need sweetening) and pomegranate seeds. It was good. My in-laws, who like red wine more than I do, really liked it!

No comments: