Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I do have more time on my hands these days, which I have been trying to use wisely, since I quit my part time job in hopes of that elusive full time teaching position. Hopefully it is still out there for me. In the meantime, I have headed back into the world of substitute teaching again. This leaves me time, as I wait for my fingerprint information and paperwork to be finalized, I am keeping up on housecleaning, laundry, organizing, thinking of blog topics, and helping out the teacher who took my place with things she is unsure of. I am planning on pre-posting/scheduling posts so I don't fall off the face of the earth again. ;) I think I'm going to designate a few weekly blog topics: 1. Social Media Monday, where I post some interesting quotes, pics or items from my posting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, Pinterest-well, interesting to me. ;) I often tweet quotes that I appreciate, post fun pictures and pin teaching information/resources, so I'd love to share some. I think it will encourage a bridge for me, which I haven't chosen to access, yet. 2. Talk of Family Tuesday, where I blog about family memories, members or moments that are in the forefront of my mind. My husband's grandfather's passing really has me thinking. Also, knowing that my grandmother is failing in health and is more confused each day... As well as 9/11 passing and that residual feeling of “you never know” when you will be leaving this world, so you must tell people how much you care for them, tell them of the memories you have. 3. What I'm Reading Wednesday, in which I post about the books I'm reading, books I've added to my “to-read” list or my reading progress. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to read 20 books. I didn't know I wouldn't be in a consistent classroom this fall, and knowing how much of my time I put into my teaching, I didn't want to commit to two books per month, but I still wanted a good goal. I wanted to stretch my summer to reading/brain growth (back to my “one little word” for this year: Grow). So far I have read 17. One of my reads was a re-read from high school: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Most have been mysteries. I enjoy other types of books like fiction, but I started a new mystery series and continued with them all summer. I also challenged myself to read a mystery from “greatest books of all time” lists: Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. Now I'm wondering what to pick up next... But I can talk about that on Wednesdays. :) 4. Thursday's Helpful Apps is a series that may have a finite life, unlike the others, the resource I take my information from will be my own phone, computer, etc. I have several that I use regularly and a few I check daily or multiple times per day. I'd love to share their usefulness or lack of, if I try something that seems like a waste for me. Not that I'm a super-techie, but I thought it might be fun. 5. Friday-Sunday... Not sure what I will do here, probably just general posts. Unless you have suggestions? Or would you, as a Reader, just like me to actually post and not fall behind? :) Maybe one day a week I can post some teaching site/information I appreciate. Well, that is it for now from this post. It's funny that I don't post for so long and then my posts are long! I hope you have been able to hang in there through my rambling. I also hope your day is delightful, Reader.

No comments: