Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Kindness

Today I saw someone's post on Facebook that made me unhappy, even though it wasn't to me. It was just unkind. It was one of those posts that, when you read it, you feel yucky, as if their words were an ooze that spread to you. My first thought is to respond, but then I know that's not what I should do. So, I immediately post a "kindness quote". That usually relieves me from the ooze. As I was searching for the perfect quote today, I found these and thought I would share. Again, I hope you experience some kindness this week, more than normal, and share some as well. We have the power to change the world-at least in our own corner, and a great way to do that is to spread kindness. :)

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com


If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope


Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson


A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble. ~Charles H. Spurgeon


It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. ~Author Unknown


Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

1 comment:

molly said...

Lovely! There isn't enough kindness in the world. And it would be so easy to change that. I refuse to join Facebook or Twitter. I hear too many stories about the ugliness that can go on and want no part of it.