Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Missed many more...

But we are finally home from a very long week. We found out about my husband's grandmother on Valentine's Day, went on the following Wednesday to Indiana to be at her visitations and funeral. We headed back from there Thursday evening, got home late. We did laundering of funeral clothes on Friday, packing, etc. Then Saturday headed to Michigan for my uncle's funeral. I was lucky enough to be able to take part in the service by writing and speaking a "thank you from the family" which was very meaningful. My own "goodbye", so to speak. It was hard to do without crying through the entire thing, as I am a cry-er, but it went well. It's always interesting to see family you haven't seen in a long time. I experienced that at both.

Then, on our way home yesterday, we encountered very bad weather-not like the quakes in NZ, I hope everyone is well there!-but bad for driving! We got about an hour from my family's home and were right behind an accident. My dad said they'd talked about it on the news-12 vehicles; 3 semis and 9 cars. We sat there for an hour. As we sat, more snow, ice, and sleet came down. There were never "good" roads, the entire way. The trip that takes us 3 hours normally took us 7-7 1/2 yesterday. We got home around 8:30pm.

Here the schools had a 2 hour delay, but not enough to close schools. I had the day off due to a teacher day, but I have the washer and dryer chugging away. I got to drop both our daughters off at school, then run to the grocery... we had only one roll of toilet paper for three bathrooms! So, I picked that and some laundry detergent-hopefully I can make a dent today! When I got home from the grocery my mom called to check in and chat for a few minutes. Now I'm updating my blog and then back to work.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my students tomorrow! It's been too long! :)

It's also been too long since I wrote in my journal, wrote in my gratitude list and blogged, among other things. I did keep up with reading daily, whether magazines, books or newspapers. I also ran 5 miles on Saturday morning before we left! What a great stress reliever, even with the wind! :) Of course, I haven't ran since... but that's life. Thank you for your hugs and sympathy, dear readers. Hope this week turns out more positive!

No comments: