Tuesday, February 01, 2011

February 1

They used to say it took two to three weeks to start a new habit, or to replace a bad habit with a good one. I just read this week that they've changed that to 28 days. I found that interesting. No wonder good eating and exercise habits are so difficult to get ingrained. I decided, since February is 28 days long, it would be a good time to start some new, good habits. Some of my goals have fallen but I'm determined to pick them up again. Maybe after February they'll be full-fledged habits? :)

We had gotten some snowy weather here, as well as ice, a couple weeks ago. That was enough to break my daily running habit. The news here, yesterday, was predicting bad weather again today, with ice, so I made myself brave the cold wind (although there was a peek of sunshine yesterday! :)) and I got 3.3 miles in. My legs aren't sore today and I felt great the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to brave the dreadmill... I mean treadmill today. Hoping to stay on it for three miles. It always seems like so much longer to get the distance done, though. We're hoping to rearrange the bedroom (where the treadmill sits) so it faces something other than the wall. Maybe that will help?

I have written sporadically in my journal the last couple weeks. Not daily as I'd hoped, but I haven't quit yet. :) Also, I have had one cup of Starbucks since we talked last. I'm ok with that. :) It was a nice treat with the family on a chilly day last week.

I finished the Girl in the Green Raincoat and have started The Pumpkin Muffin Murder by Livia J Washburn. That was my word/one of my goals: to read more, and I finished two books in January! :) I've been in the mood for mysteries, but the three I've read or started this year have been very different from each other. The last one had more suspense. I'm going to see which of Laura Lippman's books our library has and try to read some more of her mysteries. I've also been reading the Book of Jeremiah from my Bible for our life group. It's a hard book, with all the prophesying but I'm sticking with it. We need to read 17 chapters of it by Sunday. This is one of the verses I liked thus far Jeremiah 9:23-24: 23 This is what the LORD says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, 24 but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.

I also finished making the scrapscription "Let's Party!" album for our 16 year old daughter and am hoping to put the pictures/stories in today.

We have a "snow" day today-it's actually due to ice-so I'm hoping to tackle a lot from my "to do" list today! :) The dryer is going and I'm almost done with my blog post! :) I'm hoping to post each day in February. I've never been able to post daily for a month before, like Molly and her sister. :)

What are some things you'd like to try doing daily for the 28 days of February?

1 comment:

molly said...

Well, I DO know that Molly would like to blog! And read. And sew. As for her sister....'tis a lost case I'm thinking! Sometimes my head is spilling over with ideas and things to blog about, and other times it's like the Sahara in there! We have buds on peach trees and blueberry bushes so Spring is on the way---yay!