- First, my Bible App. It is the You Version app. You can read certain passages, look up verses, highlight/flag your favorites and save passages you want to come back to. itunes says this: On more than 100 million devices all over the world, people are reading, listening to, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, dozens of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes. Customize your experience for easy reading. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use. And many other things!
- Second, I use the Dictionary app from Dictionary.com. Here's what itunes says: Top-rated app with trusted reference content from Dictionary.com & Thesaurus.com. WORKS OFFLINE - no Internet connection needed when searching words.
• English Dictionary and Thesaurus - over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
• Offline access – no Internet connection needed for most content
• Daily content, including Word of the Day, slideshows & the blog
• Audio pronunciations
• Example sentences
• Word origin & history
• Voice search (five free searches included)
• Medical Dictionary with over 35,000 medical words & definitions available as a premium upgrade
• Science Dictionary with over 23,000 science definitions & illustrations available as a premium upgrade
• Translator with over 30 languages, perfect for ESL and reliable translations into English
• Modern, up-to-date English definitions & content
• Customizable font sizes for better readability
• Favorite words
• Search history
• Spelling suggestions
• Popular & local trending searches
- I have the ibooks app, too, although I don't use it very often. It can be used like any other ereader, purchasing books and then reading them on your device. At least thus far, I enjoy the traditional, paper form of books. The itunes description states this: iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBooks Store, where you can download the latest bestselling books or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBooks Store
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBooks Store
• Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books designed for iPad. These books are filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos, and more
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBooks Store before making it a part of your permanent collection
- Last, I have the app called Newstand. It came on my phone and can be used to read magazines or newspapers. I don't use that too often, but like that I can. I would really like it if I traveled, I think.
Do you have any apps that you would recommend, Reader?