Friday, November 08, 2013

Friday-Books Not Recipes!

I haven't tried any new recipes this week since my husband was out of town, we had activities in the evenings and my vegetarian daughter didn't want dinners that required thinking outside the box. :) However, I did notice on my Goodreads account that I made my 2013 reading goal already. It passed without me even noticing. I set my goal at 20 books, thinking that I should not be overzealous and try for two books per month since I would be busy teaching. Here I am with 8 weeks left in the year (only 8 weeks?!) and I have already made my goal! I have amended it and will try for at least 4 more, but as my lack of progression as of late has shown me, one never knows! I have listed my 20 books that helped me to make my goal below. You will see, that out of 20 books, 13 were mysteries this year-65%! I do like mysteries, but this has been unusual, I think! I was correct in calling it my "year of mystery books"!

  1. Gingerbread Bump-Off by Livia J Washington
  2. Eggs Benedict Arnold by Laura Childs
  3. Buried in a Bog by Sheila Connolly (I liked this book, but I think she started an apple series that has taken over-her first one of those One Bad Apple is sitting on my desk in my "to read" pile!)
  4. Sweet Tea Revenge by Laura Childs
  5. Stake and Eggs by Laura Childs
  6. All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg
  7. The Woods by Harlan Coben
  8. Murder at Longbourn by Tracy Kiely
  9. Murder on the Bride's Side by Tracy Kiely
  10. Later at the Bar by Rebecca Barry
  11. Murder Most Persuasive by Tracy Kiely
  12. Murder Most Austen by Tracy Kiely
  13. (re-read) A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  14. Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)
  15. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie is also sitting on my desk in my "to read" pile!)
  16. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
  17. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
  18. Bossypants by Tina Fey
  19. Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon
  20. Art of Being a Healing Presence... by James E Miller

1 comment:

molly said...

I wax hot and cold. Sometimes I'll burn through four books in a month, other times it takes me weeks to finish one! That's mostly when I only read at night in bed. I fall asleep, wake up with a crick in my neck and have to read everything over next day! Have never kept count for a full year. Maybe i'll try that next year.