Monday, March 05, 2012

March 5 2012

Hello, Friendly Readers! :) I hope this post finds you happy and healthy at the start of this new week!

I have finished all my 5 daily habits for today: I read my Bible: Philemon 1:4-7 4 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, 5 because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. 6 I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. 7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

I wrote a dear friend a note in a card. I haven't heard from her in a while and she's been on my mind, as well as in my prayers.

I did my ab exercises today, which I also completed yesterday.

I read for fun, too, and now I'm blogging. Yay! :) (Yes, I do know we're only 5 days in. ;))

As I thought about these daily habits, this morning, I thought about why I am doing them. How will they "change my life"?
I wanted to incorporate them into my day because I want them to be regular habits. I want to have them be a part of everyday... but why? Well, I feel the Bible reading is good for my mind and soul, my relationship with God and my faith. I truly feel that should be part of my everyday. Ab exercises, well I may not feel like doing them everyday all year, but they will help me reach my fitness goal that I can hopefully maintain. Too, one of the three exercises is a yoga pose, and any yoga in my daily schedule would be welcome and wonderful. Writing letters/emails, etc, I may not do that everyday, but it causes me to put my mind, prayers and heart on someone important in my life and let them know it-a weekly tradition in months to come would be great!
Reading for fun-that is so important to me because I love to read, it is great to know I have worked with my brain :) and I have missed it. I feel like after this month, these daily challenges, it will be sliding a little again, because I will be deep into my class I'm taking to renew my license. Blogging-I love to blog-I love to read the posts from the "regulars". Molly-thank you, 8 miles was a long distance for me right now. How is your daughter's running coming along? I didn't know Dr. Suess's widow had been involved in the movie! Thimbleanna, thank you for the encouragement, too! The run was long! :)

Oh, I did see the Lorax and it made my eyes misty, it stays true to the book's message, while bringing it into the "now". Loved it. :)

Hope your week is off to a great, running start!! :)

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Woman -- the day is young and you're already done! Pace yourself LOL!!! {Good Work!}