Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10, 2012

I read my Bible-verses about marriage. I sought them out after squabbling with my husband. I was feeling very helpless and angry. So, I looked up "marriage" in the Bible. Here are two that spoke to me:
Colossians 3:18-19
18 Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1 Peter 3:1,7

1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives.

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

I read my mystery book for fun, I ran 9 miles, walked 1.5 and am blogging. I have only written an email to send to my husband telling him I was thinking of him while I read the above verses. All will be fine. Just have to slog through disagreements, sometimes.

No comments: