Saturday, April 10, 2010

oops

I was doing so well, and then I missed a day. OOps. Yesterday had no blog post (or picture of the day for that matter...) But I will continue onward. :)

Last night, after a busy day teaching and handing the grade cards out to go home... (fingers crossed that Monday and Tuesday have little or no parents complaint? ;)) We all went out to dinner at a nearby Italian place. It's a small, neighborhood restaurant (as I type that I thought, ugh, that is one of the few words I always misspell and I'm a good speller! but it is stuck in my brain incorrectly and I misspell it every time: restaraunt... anywho...) The food was delicious and my husband decided we should have a carafe of red house wine to go with our meal. Wow, that tired me out-red wine always makes me sleepy! We came home and watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, which is a wonderful show!! It has a great message. From the moment I saw it, I was hooked. We watched that and went to bed. I didn't even think about my daily blog post until this morning, because I never stepped into my office!

I didn't get a single run in all week: After school/work, the husband and I headed out to dinners while the girls were away, and then I enjoyed heading right home to see them on Thurs and Fri. I also had to run to the store, Wed. to grab groceries and I was making them, and their aunt, dinner.

Which reminds me, I saw a glimpse of a good idea on Cathy Zielske's blog, and thought about trying to recreate it. We had lean beef tacos, Spanish rice and fat free refried beans on Wed. and had many leftovers, so I had also bought a pork loin at the store on Wed. I put it in the crock pot on Thurs. to cook all day in green salsa-that's it- and shredded it when I got home to eat with the leftovers-tortillas, rice, etc. They were so good-and SUPER easy! (Wow, that was a long way to say, I tried a new recipe and we liked it... ;))

Back to the running, I'm planning on the hilly workout I did a few weeks ago that is about 6.5 today. I will have to do it after we head to our older daughter's track meet.

That is all for today, I think! I hope your weekend has started off wonderfully-ours has started with sunshine and no wind! :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

Do you know, I never got a single run in all week either. What a coincidence...