Tuesday, January 17, 2006


Well, it's Tuesday. It's rainy and dreary. I wish natural gas prices weren't so high: I'd light the fireplace and snuggle up with a book in front of it. Or nap there.
I haven't written since Friday, I think. Friday, My youngest went to a friend's for an overnight, my hubby and oldest daughter went to Bob Evans and ate at the counter, and I headed to crop with my sis-in-law. It was a great evening. I tackled a few pages, and had a nice time sharing and conversing with her. We were there about five, five and a half hours.
Saturday I got my youngest while my hubby and oldest went to for coffee with his parents. Then my parents came down. Dad, my hubby and my father-in-law went to a woodworkers' show. Dad said it wasn't as good as the last couple years and he was pretty disappointed. Mom, the girls and I had a craft day and the girls loved their crafts that they "helped" make. They made some flower sweatshirts and blankets. They also have the supplies and ideas for a snowman sweatshirt, too. Both girls wore their sweatshirts today to school and were so excited about them. We went out for dinner.
Sunday, we went out for breakfast, then to the book store. We went home and hung out for a bit. Mom and Dad left at one, and we went for a walk. We took both dogs and the girls played at the park. It was still chilly here, but the sun was out and it was so nice to get the fresh air.
Yesterday the girls had no school due to MLK Jr. day. They had dentist appts at 9 and 9:30 and then we had company for lunch. Some friends of ours came and the kids played. We served them lunch, they brought dessert (brownies and ice cream, yum!) They left about 2:30 and then we had "quiet time". Hubby came home and I made dinner (another Rachel Ray recipe: butternut squash mac 'n cheese-it was YUM!) and a salad. We headed over to Chris's parents for crepes for dessert and then my husband headed off to basketball. I finished a few more pages in the scrapbook while the Golden Globes were on tv until he got home.
Today, so far, I have gotten all of us ready for the day (well, herded the girls into getting themselves ready) and volunteered in my younest's class from 8:50 to 11:15. We had a crazy morning as both girls realized that they'd forgotten their lunchboxes on Friday (can you say "yucky mold"?) My oldest (who will be eleven in six days!!) forgot her school folder, as well, which I must sign and she brings back or gets recess detention. She couldn't find her new dance outfit I got her this weekend, either. She was a wreck! I was at school today, so I went up and signed the folder, both girls packed in brown bags and when I got home from volunteering, I found the missing dance outfit. Now, all is right with the world. ;)
This afternoon I volunteer in their school library, then our oldest has dance and youngest has basketball...is it Tuesday already??

No comments: