Thursday, January 19, 2006

Be great in little things.-Francis Xavier

Little things...hmmm, yesterday I had a day full of them. :) My day began with the hubby taking our youngest out for her "breakfast with Dad" and our oldest and I eating homemade cranberry orange bread. It was yummy fresh from the oven.
We then got caught up in the whirlwind: getting lunches packed, school papers ready, outfits that didn't fit, power outage, and new fallen snow.
After getting them off to school I took care of the necessities, more little things. I ran to the grocery to get eggs, berries, just a few other things. I went home and the power was back on. I did laundry, picked up in the girls' rooms and the basement, made appts (an eye appt for our oldest for one), etc.
Our dog had hurt his leg Thurs or Fri and was still ginger on it when my parents were here. Dad said he thought it might be a dislocated hip, being that it wasn't better. I had to take him to the vet yesterday because he was still having trouble going up stairs, and things. So, I debated that early in the day...it's like a child with a cold. You worry that it might be something else, but you don't want to take them to the doctor and have them tell you what you already know: it's a cold...but just in case...so I took him yesterday afternoon to tell me it was just a deep bruising near the knee. He got pain pills and restricted exercise (he's a weim, so that's about impossible!) and she found the beginnings of arthritis, as well...so he has pills to take for the rest of his life. my husband was thrilled about this, I might add. our dog gets so stressed when we go to the vet, that he is a freaking out, losing hair, mess. He was so exhausted from it that he slept all evening! He's back to himself today: following me around everywhere, all the time.
Then, last night, our youngest had tumbling, our oldest had piano lessons and my husband played basketball, too. It was all over by 8:30 and we watched the Buckeyes beat the Badgers by ten points.
I also finished a scarf for my aunt, during the day, and sent it off in the mail, as well as a gift for a friend whose birthday I missed.
our oldest's birthday stuff: her comforter, pillow shams, decorative pillows and bed skirt arrived yesterday, as well.
So, it was a good, productive day, even if it was full of "little things". :)

No comments: