Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Iraq

My cousin who is in the Navy has been informed that she leaves for the war soon. She's currently on leave to the mainland, but will find out more details when she gets back to Hawaii. All we can do here is pray for her safety.
Back on our homefront, the busy evenings continued with my youngest's tumbling class from 5-6 (She did an excellent back bend and raised her arm while doing it!) and my oldedst's piano lessons (she gets better by the day! :)) from 5:30-6:30.
I tried 2 Rachel Ray recipes tonight for dinner and I liked both of them. My oldest wasn't crazy about the "stoup", which is halfway between a stew and a soup, but she liked the sandwich. And the whole meal took me forty minutes. The recipe said thirty, but they had all the veggies chopped, and I did not. I am making another Rachel Ray recipe tomorrow, too: pork chops.
I'm sitting here typing and I just noticed all my snowmen. I love my snowmen; I have a huge collection of them. They are scattered around my den, the kitchen, and the living room...but there's no snow outside. In fact, it's supposed to get up to almost 60 tomorrow! Maybe even some sunshine! Is it winter??
No running today, but I did do some yoga, my many ab exercises and some push ups...
I also added some websites to my del.icio.us account. I just had a few of the basics on there previously, but I had a list of some sites I wanted to peruse later, so I tagged them.
That's it for me tonight. I just wanted to make myself keep adding daily...
I leave you with this thought:
"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."-Emerson

No comments: