Thursday, February 13, 2014

What I'm Reading

I am still reading Winter's Tale. The movie comes out this week and I am nowhere near finished. It's good, but it requires more concentration and slower reading than other books. I do like it, though. So, I'm chugging along. Hoping to have it done by next weekend and that it will still be in theaters! :)

I am also still working on my devotional that I picked up last summer. It is The One Year Wisdom for Women devotional. I really like it.

I did start a new book that was given to me when I started the chaplain training. It's part of our reading for the course. It is called Our Greatest Gift-A Meditation on Dying and Caring by Henri Nouwen. The Care Ministry pastor said it was a great resource for him. I'm 1/4 of the way through it. This is where some of my Winter's Tale reading time has gone. :)

In other reading news, regular readers might remember how much I love the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. It was posted yesterday that she has a new book that takes readers back to Mitford coming out in September of this year! Totally made my day! Mitford books are my favorite ever. :)

What are your favorite books/series to read?

No comments: