Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Recipes!

Tonight I wanted to try some new recipes that were quick and healthy for dinner. My husband called and asked if I wanted him to stop at the grocery on his way home. So, I had him get the ingredients for the recipes below. When he got home, he assembled the wrap and I made the soup (without throwing it into the food processor, so it had a little more texture) and both were delicious. :)

Roast Beef Wrap with Horseradish Slaw
and
Fire Roasted Tomato Soup

We didn't do any chips, just the wrap and soup. Yum!! Two thumbs up for the meal, everyone liked it and it was not hard or time consuming! :)

Tomorrow we're making our traditional corned beef and cabbage, and my husband invited his family to come partake, as well. So, with my nephews and niece coming, I decided to add these two desserts on, also. :) Lucky Charm Cupcakes and Rainbow Pudding Cups, although I'm not making mine from scratch. ;)

In photo news, I've been working on my scavenger hunt from Postcards from the P.P. but I haven't gotten them all done. We're halfway through March, how's your photo taking going?

I've been coughing up a storm, didn't sleep well last night and am wondering when I will kick this illness and be able to run in the nice weather we're having... but such is life. I don't live in Japan, where terrible things are happening...poor people.

I hope you are well, Dear Reader, that the world news hasn't dimmed the light within you, nor has illness gotten you down today.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Ah yes...the world news. I was thinking this morning that maybe I should stop listening -- maybe that's what's been giving me this March hangover -- it's all so sad.

Your recipes all look wonderful -- looks like you've been having some fun cooking. As for the scavenger hunt -- I'm thinking I'd better get started!