Friday, March 11, 2011

Catch-up

No, not ketchup or catsup-catch-up! As in, I need to catch up on all my blogging! :) Here are the recent highlights:

*Work is going well. I worked with kids the last few days, checking in on things they have learned and they did such a great job! It's good to see them remembering strategies and concepts! :) They crack me up, as well. I work with some so closely that they feel comfortable mentioning anything to me and sometimes it just makes me laugh! :) I am really lucky to have a great job, working with wonderful people, too-the staff and principal do good things for kids each and every day. I'm very thankful!

*I did miss a day this week from illness. I had a cold, which I think wore down my immune system, letting a 24 hour stomach bug set in. I rested all day and that helped. Usually, even if I'm sick I watch tv, work/document/blog or clean out emails, but I just laid in bed, blew my nose and napped! I fear the yuckies have moved from my head/sinus/nose to my chest. I've been coughing lately, too. I have not been sick as much as I have been in the last couple years. Maybe from being around a variety of kids/germs? Or less sleep lately?

*Less sleep-not sure why this is since I've been having less caffeine and more exercise, but I have been waking at weird hours.

*My running has gone well-for the last 2 1/2 weeks I have run 5/7 days and watched what I ate. I've felt good about my health lately. Still a lot of work to do, but I feel like I've moved a little ways off the plateau I was on.

*My girls are doing well-one is done with basketball, the other has one last indoor track meet this weekend and then we move onto outdoor track/meets.

*My reading has certainly slowed in the Pumpkin Muffin Murder. However, I got two books last night that I've wanted for a while, so I will be reading those! :) I have also stepped up my Bible reading and, along with my family, have instituted time each morning (early, before work and school) we are spending time reading as we wake. It's been nice thus far! :)

*I lost inspiration for blogging, picture a day, journaling a day, etc. with the two family deaths and dreary, gloomy weather, but I am renewing those quests today! :) I actually saw a glimpse of sunshine this afternoon.

*My heart and prayers go out to all those suffering from the latest natural disasters. Seems like there are more and more lately...

I think that's all for today. I hope you are well and safe, dear readers.

No comments: