Saturday, January 06, 2007

Reading

Recent reading:
  • I have given up the Gideon book, for now, as I recently realized it is the first of a trilogy that doesn't have the second book coming until next fall. I just couldn't get into it after that, plus the minute bits of time I were reading was spent on my Bible readings. Yes, I read all five chapters "assigned" for this past week.
  • I went to the bookstore and got a few books: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, book one (which I've read; I've read them all, but had borrowed from the library). My youngest is into fairies, magic, etc. and I thought she'd like us to read it together.
  • Also, I purchased Motif for Murder, the fourth scrapbooking mystery by Laura Childs, who also writes the Tea Shop Mysteries, which are also very good! My mother has read them/devoured them, and passed them along. I was in the mood for a good mystery, anyway.
  • I purchased The Treasures of Weatherby by Zilpha Keatley Snyder, as well, which is another book for youth, but will be a fast read that the kids can read after and I can put in a future classroom! :) Always looking for future reads! :) It's "children's fiction" for ages 9-12. My reading choices lately have definitely varied. From fiction for 8 year olds and up, to nonfiction (the 2007 Wine Report I received as a gift for Christmas) to adult mysteries!
  • We all got gift cards to our favorite book store, which is why all the purchases. My husband also got a book I'd like to borrow when he's finished: Life of Pi, which sounds very interesting. Even the author sounds intriguing. :)

No comments: