- "Life is a journey not a destination. Enjoy the journey. It will be over way too soon."
- "You can either live your life like a daring adventure or live your life safe but sorry you missed it."
- "The race is not always to the swift, but those who keep on running!"
- "I don't generally like running. I believe in training by rising gently up and down from the bench." Satchel Paige :)
- "Aiming for the marathon is a task of sorts which can include terrific highs and lows." -Bill Rodgers
- "Being a runner means you are now "free" to win and lose and live life to its fullest." -Bill Rodgers
I've been scared to commit to another marathon because, well, for starters it is hard work. Second, I am afraid I'll get a teaching job in the fall (which means all kinds of overwhelming changes for this household and me!!!) and not have time to train as I like. Also, the hubby will support any goals and decisions I make, it's just that he's a realist and brings me back to earth. :) It's time consuming for sure; weekend long runs can be two hours. And I know it might not work out... but I love running, once I get into a regular routine. I will think on it more, but this is a goal I hope to accomplish.
I did run again today-in incredible wind. It was great, even sunny for the first 5 minutes of my run...but then the wind kicked in and I'd swear I was in Chicago (the windy city! :)) I didn't wear anything on my ears, because of the sun at the start, so my ears hurt a bit, as well as the runner's cough setting in already. But I bettered my time: 4 miles in 29:24, wind and all. :) When I got home the sky was black. There's no "prediction for rain or showers" but the sky says otherwise... I feel great!! Three days...and counting! :)