Monday, December 30, 2013

One Little Word Recap 2013

This year I chose the "One Little Word" Grow for myself. Here is how it worked...

I grew in my running mileage: in 2011 I ran 506 miles, in 2012 I ran 725 and this year I ran-up till this moment, but I will increase over the last few days this month-844 miles. I also "grew" in speed as I ran my fastest half marathon yet.

I grew in my openness as far as a job was concerned-from teacher to funeral coordinator and chaplain-in-training.

I grew in my openness to God's work-from reading my Bible on my own to co-leading a Bible Study and working toward becoming a chaplain to help others in times of need.

I grew in my relationship with my daughters-not that it was lacking before, but it has been a different type of growth. One daughter is off at college and our communication has changed. One daughter is here, the only child of sorts, and our relationship has changed, as well, both for the better.

I grew in my knowledge of myself... so many things I could list here...

I grew in my list of "books" I've read: I set a goal on Good Reads for 20 books and read 22. My goal for 2014 is to read 24. One of those books I worked on this year was my daily devotional and my daily Bible reading time.

Now, what to set as my One Little Word of 2014?


No comments: