Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Half

The running is still going about 4-5 days a week. Today was so nice. Some tired muscles, but no shin pain, so that was great! My "time" (I wear my garmin way too much and check her far too frequently on my runs...) was quicker than normal. I asked my husband over the weekend if he'd like to do the half-marathon. I would love to do it with him instead of the full alone. My body has felt too...injured this time around and I'm still so worried about injuring myself again. I enjoy the arduous training, the drained feeling from being worn out at the end of a double-digit milage run, but I worry. I'm a worrier naturally, so this area of my life is no different. My husband and I started this journey together, and he took the injury detour that year of my first marathon. He hasn't tackled it since. The marathon distance can be daunting. But we used to enjoy our runs together (at least that's how I remember five years ago. ;)) We'll see. I've been working on running for a few months, building up, but he's been working on getting started again-he's up to three miles without walking, so I'm pretty proud of him, hopeful and excited to have a partner in this journey.

I have been reading up on digital scrapping, but haven't tried anything yet. I'm a planner and I'm a bit intimidated as to where to start. So many albums to do, so many pictures and stories, but where to begin??

My girls seem to be growing up at the speed of light. Our oldest takes the written test for her temps on Friday. Then she will be able to start driving with us here and there. Our youngest has a writing camp this week with 6-8 graders. Strange to see her as a growing/preteen/middle schooler! :)

Hope all is going well for you this week! :)

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Before you know it, your little angels will be gone. (Sorry, not to be a debbie downer. ;-) ) They do grow fast, don't they? I hope your hubby can run with you -- it's always more fun to do something like that with someone else.

molly said...

Hope he joins you....Much more fun to have a running partner, I think. But then running would cause me to die of boredom, if the heart attack it gave me didn't kill me first!

Pam said...

Thimbleanna is so right. Blink and they're gone.

I also agree with Molly. What do you think about when you run? Apart from: why am I doing this? I would love to be a runner - I'm just not disciplined enough or happy enough with my own thoughts.