Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Weekend

Here it is, another weekend, too long since my last post. I've been subbing and running errands. I've also been trying to get some things ready in advance for our spring break trip. We'll be camping again, with my in laws on the beach. I so look forward to it, especially with snow in the forecast for tomorrow. I will be shivering and thinking of pending sunshine. :)
I did end up running a 7 miler the day after I posted last, but that is the max distance for me, so far. I've been to my yoga class, and will miss it the week we're gone on break.
I've been thinking of ideas and projects for the long term sub position that will start in just a few weeks. I finished reading the newest Laura Childs book: Oolong Dead, a Tea Shop Mystery. They're always a good, fast read, filled with details and descriptions about food that make me drool. ;) I'm still reading The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austin for our book club, also. For our trip I have The Lucky One and the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society to read on our trip, since I heard they both were good. I have a few others on reserve at the local library, but most are out to other people and may not arrive before we leave. I've reserved some classics like A Separate Peace and Of Mice and Men. I haven't read them since high school and I like the different perspective I have on books, now, reading them as an adult.
I've been on Facebook a bit here and there, but not very much lately; too busy, I guess. I did change my quote today, though. Here is the new one:
"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness." -Albert Einstein
My girls started their spring sports seasons last week. My oldest is running track and my youngest is playing soccer. Both were excited to get started since they've had practices for a while. Now we're just all hoping for nicer weather for their competitions (and our viewing! :))
That is all I have for now. I have been reading blogs and enjoying them, just haven't had time to sit down and write my own, lately. I will try to post again before spring break. Hope you are well!

1 comment:

molly said...

I love your new quote.............Life does tend to gt in the way of blogging, doesn't it?! hope you have a great time camping.....