Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break

Our spring break trip was wonderful. It was a bit windy on most days, but the sun and time to relax were lovely! I got a sunburn on Thursday, but thankfully it is a tan, now. That doesn't usually happen to me! :) I had actually taken the sunscreen (60+!:)) and just didn't realize the time was passing so quickly. Both my girls went the whole week without a red sunburn! I thought they were pink at one point, but it was from playing and getting warm, not the sun. They did get a bit of color, but no major tans. Regular readers know my skin/mole history has me a bit concerned about sun/sunscreen! :) We camped in our camper and had a delightful time with my in-laws. The new van pulled the camper very well, too. :)
While gone, I read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. Good book, if you like Nicholas Sparks. My husband and I took turns reading it aloud to each other unless the daughters were around, then we just took turns reading chapters.
When we returned home I had mounds of laundry to do, but am almost caught up, now. Of course I start my long-term sub job tomorrow, so we'll see how "caught up" the laundry stays. :) I'm nervous, hoping to do a great job planning, teaching and getting to know the students better. I'm very excited, too. :)
It's raining, here, and chilly, but is sure nice to be back home. :)
Have a great week, Reader! :)

No comments: