Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Snow Day

We were lucky enough to have a snow day-and lucky enough to not have our power go out or to be snowed in too long. We were lucky enough that our roads weren't bad and husband could still safely get to work, but our school districts were cautious enough to cancel early and let us all sleep in. The snow was very heavy when I shoveled, so I felt like I got exercise in, but this evening I noticed even the un-shoveled driveways were clear from the melting. It was very pretty as it clung to the trees, and I appreciated it's arrival, so I could read by the fire. I told my students, "Fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow. Not that I don't love all of you, but I'd like a day with my book in front of the fire." They replied with similar sentiment, "It's not that we don't love you, too, Mrs. Henson, but we'll have our fingers crossed!" :) So, I had to be true to my word and finished my Buried in the Bog book. It was a good book.It was interesting and kept my attention, but not great, in that I probably won't read #2 in the series. I also had a nice time this afternoon with my in-laws. We are putting together a gift for my daughter's graduation-a gift they said they'd like to make, but I had already thought of, so we are working together and today's planning session went so wonderfully. I am delighted.

No comments: