Thursday, December 06, 2012

Thankful Again

Today, I am once again thankful: For doctors, health care and the flexibility of my job so I can go see my doctor. I can have my fears assuaged and my ability to run restored, well, almost. My doctor said there weren't symptoms of a fracture, and after several questions and tests, he determined that I have a muscle issue with the muscle that wraps around the back of my hip/pelvis. He said it was likely irritated and swollen, pinching my sciatic nerve. He said continue to rest, 10-14 more days of NO running, but I am allowed to cross train ("anything that doesn't hurt"). Then after that time, start again, but start slowly. Stretching twice a day, to relieve that tightness and tension, were also prescribed. So, yes, some time off will do me good-although, the eating needs to reflect time off not continued snacking. ;) Thank you, Readers, for your advice and your concern and encouragement. You are truly appreciated! :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

Well, that sounds reasonably good. I can't think that snacking would harm you. You seem to be built like a butterfly!