Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Welcome Home

My girls are home, which is a very nice. I drove an hour and a half to meet my grandparents halfway to pick them up. The house was far too quiet without them. :) Although, it was nice to clean their rooms without them here: I could throw things away that I knew they didn't use/play with and no one was here to complain. I also did clean out the crawl spaces and rearranged the furniture in their rooms, as well. My husband and I went out for dinner almost everynight and one morning for coffee while we were sans kids, as well, which was wonderful. We rarely get time without the girls, let alone more than one night at a time. It was great to have some date time, and even better not to have to schedule a sitter! :) We just went out to a few dinners, had some beers once, and a glass of wine another night. We went with his parents out and some window shopping, as well. I was at a loss for a moment as to what topic I'd be "informing" on, but then I looked up cheap date night ideas!
Some ideas I found were, not great, or extra creative, but I was on a time limit:
  • zoo
  • museum of fine arts
  • art festivals
  • state park
  • farmer's market
  • pier to feed ducks
  • picnic
My husband is anxious to see the girls and is on his drive from work. Then he will be taking our little beagle to the vet. What a wonderful husband, because I don't want to take him! :) He, the dog, needs his nails cut and refuses to let me do it, as his previous owner didn't do it too often, so he's not used to it or like to have it done.
Hope all is well.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Goodness, what a lot of posting you've been doing while I've been away. I know what you mean about missing your children. I have 3, and no one ever offered to take them all at once, but I wouldn't have wanted it anyway - I'm too clingy. I still don't like them being away, and the youngest is nearly 22. But you sound as if you made excellent use of the free time.

jkhenson said...

I am very clingy, as well, and it took quite a bit of convincing. :)But, I kept busy so time went fast. And the time with my husband was very nice, and needed. :)