- Run 900 miles-this was my goal-and I have 26 miles and 2 days left to run this year... I won't make it, but again I will be close.
- Fall half marathon under 1:45:00-I ran a good half for how I felt, averaging 8:30 per mile, but not under my goal.
- No new running injuries-I didn't have new ones, but I didn't fully heal the old, either...
- Read 24 books-I finished 19 and am in the midst of 20.
- Reach my goal weight-I continued the tradition of getting down to a better weight over the summer and then rising again. My goal is to be at said goal weight by April since I will be 40 then.
- Make 1 craft from Pinterest per month-Not even close.
- Finish my 2013 Project Life-I did accomplish this and got about 6 months into 2014 before I took another break again.
- Mini albums-I made one of a fun trip in the summer...
- Finish a rag quilt-I did finish the one I had started with my mother, although it isn't pretty-looks more like a bar graph than a tidy lined quilt.
- Send 1 card or note-I did send several, but I did them in spurts, and did about 110 Christmas cards... ;)
- Daily Devotionals-Again, spurts...
- Clean/organize one room or full item of furniture per month-I did make wonderful progress on and off this year! Donated 6 tubs of books to the library this week to cap off a nice purge. Also, cleaned out a tub of Christmas decorations and organized a few pieces of furniture.
- "This is an open goal. It is something I want to leave unknown and revisit later. It might be writing a book, entering a new profession, taking a sewing or knitting class, taking a college class, mentoring or volunteering, skiing... I don't know. I learned in 2013 that a year is a long time and anything can happen. I never thought I'd change my goals and dreams away from teaching but I did. I never thought I'd be content just... waiting... but I am. I am praying on it and I hope God will guide me." *This was interesting... I am in the midst of building a new home (well, a company is building it for us) and we will be moving in the next year. I completely gave up teaching and am a marketing/sales person in my husband's company... These are very big endeavors I would never have guessed I'd be headed towards at the end of 2013.
Monday, December 29, 2014
2014 Resolutions Revisited: