Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello, my long-lost friends. I know it has been ages and I apologize. Since I wrote last: *I attempted my third half marathon. I was hoping for a 1:45-1:50 time range. I ended with a 2:20, but can't look poorly upon it because I started getting sick at mile 4 and continued for quite a while, up to mile 8 or 10. I later found out I had the flu. Blech. I took time off to recover from the flu, and was down and out on Mother's Day. I was secluded in my room with no visitors so they didn't get the bug. Then that turned into respiratory yuckies. I finally got over that. *My girls finished their school year and are now going to be a senior and an eighth grader. Wow. We have begun the college search for the oldest, also. Again, Wow. *I finished my first year as a middle school social studies teacher. A busy year flew by and I worked hard. I'm excited to plan ahead this summer! I have bought a lesson plan/record book so I can begin penciling in information! *I also finished my second class so I could renew my teaching license. I got another A, but I also was swamped/overwhelmed and frantic for a while. :) I'm glad it's done! I gleaned a lot of information from both classes this year, but it was stressful trying to get it all done, while finishing up a school year of teaching, as well. *My family went to Alaska on a cruise. We started in Seattle, headed out on Princess Cruise line, went to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Victoria, B.C, arriving back in Seattle a week later. It was beautiful! I will have to post a whole post about that soon! I promise not to wait so long, now, till my next post. :) Thank you for popping in!

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

It's wonderful to see you back! I think finishing a half marathon is wonderful -- no matter what the time. Can't wait to hear about Alaska -- we've been trying to get that done for years, but other trips/duties always seem to get in the way!

molly said...

Hats off to you for even trying a half marathon! Sounds like you had a very busy fulfilling year! Sorry to hear you were so sick.....And Alaska! Not much interested in cruises myself but I'd love to go on a cruise to Alaska! Meanwhile enjoying Ireland---drinking the cool, and the green and the beauty of the landscape in to tuck away in memory for scorching days back in Florida!

Pam said...

Lovely to see you back! Enjoy a more relaxing summer.