Saw this post on Stephanie Howell's blog and this post on Ali Edward's blog. Both REAL, about real things in life. I appreciate that.
Today, on my heart:
1. Every time I hear sirens while my girls are away from me, I pray that it isn't for them. I know it's silly, but I worry when I think of them. I can get so caught up in the worry. I am a make-yourself-sick-worrier. I know God calls me not to, He calls me to give it to Him... and sometimes I do... and sometimes I take it back and worry some more.
2. I am feeling behind and almost overwhelmed with this job. I tell people I'm treading water, not drowning but not yet swimming. Many teacher friends say that is the whole first year... scary. I want to be a smooth, confident teacher, and I'm still learning all the ropes. What if I'm failing these kids? I hope not and I'm working hard at teaching them the material and letting them know I care... but... is it enough?
3. I took three days off of running. Too close to the half marathon to do that. I had been so sore, so worn out, worn down, that I needed the break. I still have a month to go. Did ten miles last week and felt like... well, poo. My legs were heavy, my breathing was labored... I worried that I couldn't get over 10. We'll try 11 this week. Cool mornings like we have today will help.
4. I feel bad when I complain like number three. There are people with much worse situations...
5. I'm so proud of my girls right now. My oldest is taking all AP/Honors courses right now and working really hard. She's doing such a good job, even though it requires a lot of time and effort. My youngest is a hard working, smart girl, too, with good grades. We saw another family at her back to school night a couple weeks ago and they said "Your daughter has such a heart for the Lord! We are so glad she's friends with our daughter!" YAY! :) What a nice feeling. Any kind of faith you believe, it's nice to know, that when she's not with us, she displays good character, morals and positive behavior!! :)) Always good for the heart to hear. :)
6. I'm tired. I'm worn out, and my house is a mess. And I'm only at school half day. No, most days I'm not blogging in the morning hours. :) I take my youngest to school, grab a coffee and go home to grade, plan and organize. I should be ahead, and cleaning house, cooking, etc. Hoping to get to that point.
I hope your heart is full of happiness, today, and the cleaning fairy has visited your house. :) Show your heart today, either on your blog or to a friend. Don't forget to let those people who are important to you know in an outward, positive way, today! :)