Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blogging

Blogging is an art form, a discipline, for some. For me it is a fun way to journal, and with a schedule that is busy, fun things get set aside. Sorry blog readers, I have set aside my blog (again!) for the last few weeks.

Some of the reason is teaching. Teaching has been wonderful: full of the ups and downs of starting a new job. I feel like things are going well, although I'm not adjusting as quickly as I'd like. I feel slower than I have in past long term jobs. The staff has been terrific, helpful and kind. The school has a wonderful sense of community and support. I just wish I was not feeling like I'm treading water. I feel the need to catch up and don't feel like I have, yet. But I will get there. This made me think of Kendra's quote at the end of her blog: by Charles Spurgeon: By perseverance the snail reached the ark.

I am home just a few minutes most days before I need to drive the girls to piano, or pick them up from play or indoor track practices. I did get in a run both days this weekend, and they felt good. Think I burned enough calories to eat badly the rest of the week? :) The flurries began again today and the grey clouds moved back in again. It is a comfortable neighborhood, after all. :) Other than that, things continue on normally. I am searching for new teaching ideas, teaching, grading, planning, driving, catching up with my girls (one of which is 15 now!!) or catching some zz's. Or trying to-the other night had nightmares, and on a few others, I woke up thinking about our students and how things can work better in the classroom. :)

I am truly happy and blessed, even with the busy-ness and grey skies, I feel God's giving and graceful hand in my life. I am so thankful for a husband who is helping, two daughters who are happy for me and my "newest adventure" and a school to go to every day. :)))

I hope you are well on this Tuesday, Reader.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Glad to have you back on the blog, Jen -- we've missed you!

molly said...

You have lots to be thankful for!