Monday, July 13, 2009

Quilts














First I saw Thimbleanna's quilt. Lovely! Then, Molly's blog post, and photo of her wonderful first quilt, inspired me to post my own instead of commenting on her post. I am not a quilter. I have tried many styles of sewing and lack the generous helping of patience and determination that it requires to complete one... except the rag quilt. Sew diagonally from corner to corner, across squares of flannel and voila, a rag quilt that needn't be perfectly matched and ironed to meet up the corners "just so". I took this photo quite a while ago, why I took it on a bed (store bought) quilt, I do not know...
It is the one and only quilt I have finished, and it was completed in two days, with the help of my mom over Thanksgiving one year. It is very warm, and very comfortable, especially in the cold Midwest winters, without being too heavy as it sits in your lap. :) I enjoy it very much. :)

1 comment:

molly said...

It looks very nice and I love those warn Autumny colours! A quilt doesn't have to be difficult to make to be easy to love! I have flannel stashed somewhere to make a rag quilt just like that someday.....