Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Birthdays, Training and the Bittersweet

My husband's birthday was yesterday. We've been celebrating "birthday week" by doing little things like taking him out to breakfast one day, meeting his family out to dinner yesterday, making homemade ice cream tonight, and giving him little gifts, like a book today. We have had fun spoiling him this week. :)
My training has gone well, still working towards the October marathon. Accomplished 9 miles last week and am heading toward 10 this Saturday. I've enjoyed it! Although my muscles are still tired from last week! :) It could also be the nice dressy sandals I teach in all day? :)
Speaking of school, today is bittersweet. My oldest daughter finishes up 8th grade and will plunge into high school next year! My youngest will finish up fourth grade and then will be in her last year of elementary school! It is also bittersweet for me to watch "my" fifth graders go. I've been subbing for them for 7 weeks and have grown rather attached. It is truly a nice group of children and I will be misty eyed today to see them leave elementary school. :)
I do, however, look forward to trips to the library and the pool, sitting out on the patio with a good book, and scrapbooking!! I have missed it due to the work I've put into planning and grading. Good things, but I'm glad to have summer vacations. :) I have applied to several places, but have not been called for interviews. Fingers crossed for a full time position next fall...

2 comments:

molly said...

Life goes on, and while it sometimes makes us sad, would you really want things to stay the same---forever?! Enjoy your summer...my fingers are crossed for you!

Pam said...

Just wait till your children leave home and you'll wish they were still in high school. Just trying to cheer you up...

I do like your idea of a birthday week.