Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Brr

It's cold, here in the midwest, and has been for the last few days. Brr. The cold that chills you deeply the moment you step outside, and no amount of warm coats or coffee can warm the inside of you. :)
The break between posts has been longer this time, but nothing fantastic has happened. Well, I shouldn't say that. Each day with my family is fantastic, the sermon on the last two Sundays really were fantastic, my youngest daughter sang at a school function on Saturday and she was fantastic...
But the schedule just keeps plugging along. I subbed in kindergarten two days last week and fourth grade Friday and yesterday. A big jump from kindergarten to fourth grade. It challenges me to reset my mind and expectations. Both classes were good while I was there.
I've been working out the gym a few days per week to help me get stronger. Not like huge bulky body builder muscles, just stronger to help me with that fall marathon in under four hours! :) I am running, but less than I was. I have enjoyed my time at the gym, especially the yoga class. I thought yoga was slow, boring and didn't challenge my body. Boy, was I wrong! I've gone the last two weeks, and am attending tonight, and the instructor had us sweating! I felt the soreness that comes from a good workout the next few days, as well. And I really enjoyed the instructor! :)
I'm still juggling my way through my book club book, the Hemingses. I have yet to get into a rhythm that has me chugging along and not wanting to put my book down.
I have started a book with my youngest daughter and her friend. The book is Coraline. It's what the newly released movie is based on. I had heard the book was better than the movie, so we thought we'd read it first. It's a bit spooky, but good thus far. We read about two chapters per week and then discuss it on Fridays. Last week's discussion introduced them to the idea of foreshadowing and they are enjoying thinking about the concept. :)
That's really all from here. My youngest is about done with basketball, and my oldest is about to begin track conditioning. So, another busy spring schedule is sneaking up on us! :)
Hope your week is going well!

1 comment:

Pam said...

That sounds much too cold for me. Here it's quite mild really. I've stopped wearing a scarf and gloves (though the winter might return yet).