Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gardening

Yesterday the sun was shining, the birds were singing and, though I'd cleaned it up on Saturday, my garden still needed work. After everyone else was off to work and school, I went to the nearby nursery, got a few plants, then the local Meijer to get a few more, but cheaper. I also got a bird bath that the birds and butterflies can enjoy. Then I went home and spent two hours moving, trimming and planting. I watered them all and went in for lunch. Then I went out in the back yard and worked on planting in the planters we had put in last summer on the patio. After watering those newly planted planters and pots, I went back inside. Throughout the gardening, I worked on laundry. Since our trip I felt behind in the laundry room, feeling like I couldn't catch up. With track practice, track meet, soccer game and running clothes added to our regular mix, I had a few large piles at least. So, I did several loads of towels, comforters, blankets and sheets and hung them to dry on the patio. So, that helped! :) My arms were tired from the work, but if felt wonderful! :) So much better than the blizzard weather... Although the blizzards help us to appreciate days like these when the sun is warming and the plants are beautiful. Hope you're enjoying your spring days!

No comments: