Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mitford

I recently completed an terrific series of books. They are the Mitford books by Jan Karon. They are fictional, surrounding "Father Tim" and the small town he resides in, as well as the townspeople's interesting lives. The first book started a little slow for me, but I quickly fell in love with these books-devouring every one until I had to wait for the next to be published. The last book in the series was in November and I finished it the week it came out. I shared the series with my friends and they love it, too!
Here's the website: http://www.mitfordbooks.com/index.asp
The books truly are heartwarming and leave you with a good feeling, as well as a feeling of: read the next book!! :)

Currently I am reading A Taxonomy of Barnacles by Galt Niederhoffer. I haven't gotten too far into it, but the review I read was good and intriguing. So, hopefully I will like it. :)

No comments: