Sunday, June 13, 2010

A New Day

Seems like the rest so far this summer, with cloudy skies and high humidity. Same waiting on the results of my interviews... I find out tomorrow officially...

Our house is clean! We have been cleaning little bits over the last few weeks, busy with school and activities, but not a real, thorough housecleaning. It feels wonderful.

We three girls are trying to accomplish the same hair-do that the hairdresser created yesterday when we all got our haircuts. I took both girls to my hairdresser... well that was the plan anyway. She is great, but she has resigned to stay home with her own children... so, we had to try someone new. I told the girls we'd start the summer with "new hair"; that way it could grow out if we decided we didn't like it. My hair had grown to the point of pony-tail length-which is how I was wearing it each day. Now it is shorter than chin length. I am experiencing the "try-it-myself" stage which I am never successful at. I can never recreate the look I loved so much.

We are having my husband's grandparents over for "lupper" as he likes to call it-late lunch/supper. We are trying a couple new recipes (brave or silly? :)) And our house will need a few touch-ups, like the downstairs windows where the dogs insist on pressing their noses...right after I cleaned them! :)

I haven't tried barefoot running, yet. We'll see what becomes of that notion. Right now I'm trying to work my way back to daily running since my totals have been stuck at three times per week.

That's all for now. Hopefully I will get back to blogging regularly now that summer's here. :)

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Yay for a clean house! Mine is relatively clean now too -- if you don't count the dungeon and my sticky floors LOL.

How on earth do you run every day? I was doing well with every other day (if you call what I do running) but then market happened and I haven't plucked up the courage to have my body be sore all the time so I haven't jumped back in ... boohoo!