Wednesday, January 07, 2009

January 2-7

Since I posted last, our oldest had her wisdom teeth removed and recovered nicely. The first three days she was in a lot of pain, swelling, and had a hard time eating, but on the fourth day she was virtually back to normal! She takes an advil here and there, if she eats something particularly difficult, but other than that, she's done great! She's gone to school everyday this week!
We started repainting the kitchen that Friday afternoon, once our girl was settled, and got 99% of the first coat done. Then Saturday we did the second coat. I am so happy with the color! It's a burnt orange looking color and I really like it!
We got our countertop template made yesterday and were told the counter may be in on the 27th, which is earlier than expected! Yeah! :) Today we get the kitchen table and hall tree, but the baker's nook was damaged, so we won't get that until Monday.
I haven't had any sub jobs, so I've been working around here. Yesterday (all day!) I stripped the wallpaper out the laundry room and am going to prime and paint today. Yeah! If I make it look cheery in there, I won't mind doing laundry, right? ;) ha!
I have been running. I didn't run yesterday, but have run quite a bit before that. I got in 6 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday, 3.3 on Monday and then missed yesterday.
I get a newsletter from Real Simple magazine, and saw this which sounded like a good thing to do in the new year: 31 ideas for 31 days, some activities that will take fifteen minutes each, but will benefit/organize.
Hope your new year is off to a wonderful start! :))

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hmm. I read your previous post but I still don't quite understand what a kitchen tree and baker's nook are. Language problem. Still, I'm sure they'll look lovely.