Thursday, December 25, 2008

Dec 25

Merry Christmas! {yawn}
The girls were "late" risers this year and only got up at 6:30. :) It wasn't around 5am like last year, which resulted in me sending them back to bed until 6! :) They opened their gifts from Santa, we had our traditional breakfast and were done by 8.
I ran yesterday. Probably will again today. Yesterday I got in 4.25 miles, with my new friend, Garmin Girl 1, my gift from the hubby. Who needs diamonds?? :) He looked for a good deal on different sites, better than what's listed on the garmin site. I'd like to help the economy, but wow! :)
My Nike watch quit, my Nike+ went out when keeping track of my time and distance... I still need the ipod for music, but the garmin helps me keep my time on task, and keeps track of my route. I need to keep working at my goals.
We ended up making 5 kinds of the cookies. We ran out of time with cleaning and cooking for the in laws to come last night. We made:
  • crab dip
  • spinach dip
  • cheese fondue
  • fruit salsa and cinnamon chips, they didn't have strawberries at the store, so we used a red pear and it was yummy!
  • store bought pimento cheese spread, and ham salad
  • lots of crackers, veggies, and bread to dip
  • and some wine. :)
The food turned out well, and then we headed to church. It was a lovely service. A good way to spend Christmas Eve.

Well, off for family time. :) Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: